Asian Games 2018: India’s rise in Jakarta-Palembang with 15 gold, 24 silver and 30 bronze medals
About Asian Games 2018
Jakarta-Palembang 2018, popularly known as Asian Games 2018, was a Asian multi-sport event which came to an end on 2 September 2018 in the Indonesian cities of Jakarta and Palembang. Asian Games, co-hosted in two cities; the Indonesian capital of Jakarta, and Palembang,the capital of the South Sumatera province. The Games are recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and are the second largest multi-sport event after the Olympic Games.
India’s proud moment
India won medals in Asian Games 2018, with a total 69 medals ( 15 gold, 24 silver and 30 bronze medals) to surpass the medal count from 2010 Games in Guangzhou, China ( where India won 65 medals). The total of 24 silver medals is also the highest ever in Asian history for India. The Indian government felicitated the Asian Games 2018 medal winners with cash rewards of Rs 40 lakh for gold medalists,Rs 20 lakh for silver and Rs 10 lakh for bronze winners.
Interesting Facts about Asian Games 2018
- The Games are recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and are the second largest multi-sport event after the Olympic.
- Asian Games will organize 462 sports events, which is the second largest number of events in the history of Asian. This is only 14 fewer events than Guangzhou in 2010.
- Jakarta is hosting the Games for the first time since 1962.
- First time in Asian Games, some Sports like PencakSilat, wushu, jujutsu, paragliding , jet-ski are introduced.
- Cenderawasih, a rare species of a bird in Indonesia, selected as emblem for the 2018 Asian.
- The Asian Games 2018 mascots are Bhin Bhin (a cenderawasih), Atung (a Bawean deer) and Kaka (a Javan rhino) represent strategy, speed and strength as well as symbolize Eastern, Central and Western regions of Indonesia.
- The Asian Games 2018 torch lighted at the Major Dhyan Chand Stadium in New Delhi, India, site of the first Asian. It then transported by an aircraft, then paraded across Indonesia across 12 provinces and 36 districts, from 18 July to 18 August using cars, ships, and aircraft. The final stop for the flame will be at the Bung Karno National Stadium, Jakarta.
- pasukan orange (orange army that is tasked with cleaning up Jakarta) welcome the Asian Games 2018.
- eSports will be a medal event at the 2022 Asian Games.
Here is list of winners
PM Narendra Modi congratulates medal winners
Prime Minister Narendra Modi Wednesday congratulated India’s medal-winners.He asked them to strive harder in tougher competitions like the Olympic Games. He saluted their courage and dedication.
For more updates click : http://weindianseverywhere.co.in/a-surge-in-demand-abroad-for-eco-friendly-ganesha-idols/